Entry Lab Tech Position
We are always looking for next tech to join our team. When we have an opening, that is in your area, you will be e-mailed a notice of the opportunity.
- Candidates must be able to multi-task, have strong attention to details and proficient computer skills.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in lab science or medical lab technology. OR
- 60 semester hours in science + approved lab training program.
- The skills required for proper specimen collection, including patient preparation, if applicable, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, processing or preparation, transportation and storage of specimens.
- The skills required for implementing all standard laboratory procedures
- The skills required for performing each test method and for proper instrument use
- The skills required for performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration procedures related to each test performed
- A working knowledge of reagent stability and storage
- The skills required to implement the quality control policies and procedures of the laboratory
- The skills required to assess and verify the validity of patient test results through the evaluation of quality control values before reporting patient test results.
- Adhere to the laboratorys quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the technical consultant, clinical consultant or director
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratorys established performance specifications.
POLS is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.